The GridPane token is our API token and it allows your servers to talk to GridPane, and allows us to do all the things we need to do to ensure your stack stays up-to-date.
Server Status and Scripts
On the servers page in your account, the status of each of your servers will be displayed with a refresh icon alongside it.
On clicking you'll see the following:
And if you hover over it will tell you the last time the server was synced by the app:
This refresh icon will do a couple of things: -
- It will sync your server with GridPane
- It will update your servers to the latest scripts and configs
There are 3 different Server States
1. Active - Green dot and green bar
If your server is an API server then GridPane is connected, can SSH, and the API can see the server at the IaaS provider.
If it's a custom server then GridPane is connected to server and can SSH.
All green mean's all is well.
2. Disconnected - Orange dot and green bar
This status will only ever show for API providers. This means that GridPane can SSH in and run commands, but there is no API connectivity at the IaaS provider - we can't see or delete this server at your server provider. This could mean either a mismatching token, missing token, or the server can't be seen at the provider for which there is a token.
All server commands should work still.
3. Disconnected - red dot and red bar
This means there is no SSH access and we can't log in to the server.
It may also mean the IaaS API key is missing.
Status = Disconnected
This does NOT mean that your server is down, so please don't panic.
This generally means one of two things: -
- You're running our old PLAID stack on Ubuntu 16.04, and this is incompatible with our latest scripts and updates
- Your server has been disconnected from our app, and we can no longer connect to it. This could mean that: -
- The server has been deleted at the provider
- The server is actually down (check provider status)
- YourGridPane token on that server is out of sync
If your server is on our PLAID stack then we highly recommend that you migrate your websites to a new, up-to-date server running our Prometheus stack on Ubuntu 18.04.
If you're on Prometheus and haven't manually disconnected your server from us or deleted it, then please reach out to support so that we can investigate.